CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 28, 2008

SO terribly behind and a Twilight review

I have no good excuses, I just haven't gotten to updating. I like to blame it on the fact that my super comfy computer chair had a broken wheel and I've been waiting for the replacement. It finally arrived on Wed. It's so much nicer than the kitchen chair.

Friday night Ciera and I went to see Twilight along with hundreds of other people (and my SIL and nephew). A careful follower will remember that I LOVED the series and that I am generally disappointed with movies (what with having to pay for them). I really didn't have gigantic expectations. I knew the book would be better and I had already seen in previews that the movie had been horribly miscast. I didn't walk out of the theater disappointed, it was about what I expected. I was sad though that it couldn't have been better. I already knew they would have to shorten the story and leave things out-that's a given with any book turned movie. I had been hoping to have the 'miscast' actors grow on me and make me understand why they were cast. They were unable to do that, and what's worse is that they acted horribly. If they were going to miscast the characters, the least they could've done was pick someone that could act. I didn't feel the chemistry between the two main characters and in fact felt like they tried too hard, unsuccessfully to sell me on their chemistry. I could go on and on about my irritants, but in the end it was exactly what I expected. Would I watch it again on video? Perhaps. Will I watch the 2nd one when it comes out? On video. Ciera however loved it. At almost 12 you don't really care if the actors 'overact'. She saw it a second time with a friend on Sunday.

Saturday Logan had a 5:30 flag football game and it was almost cold enough to need a jacket. I did put on socks with my sandals to get through the hour. Logan and Ciera both had a friend come spend the night and they had a great time.

Ciera had a pitching lesson on Sunday and then she went to spend the night at another friends' house, after seeing Twilight. Logan's friend spend the day and then Brian and I had a quiet night with just Logan. We rented a few movies and called it a night. I believe Logan slept on our bedroom floor that night. I'm not sure why he'd rather sleep on the floor than his comfy bed, but he chooses to do this at least once a month.

Monday Logan had another friend come spend the day. Ciera got to have breakfast out with her friend and shop at the mall. She was exhausted that night from 2 back to back sleepovers.

Tuesday Logan went to his friend's house and Ciera stayed home and rested up. She slept till at least 12 and then watched movies all day. I had hoped to watch Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 with her, but she 'forgot' to tell me she was watching it! Tuesday night Ciera had her first braces issue. She decided a fortune cookie would be OK to eat. The wire between her brackets did not agree and it pulled out of a bracket and was bent for the night. Fortunately they were able to get her in Wednesday morning. I however had an OB appointment at the same time, so Brian took her in-we were quite lucky that he had previously decided to take Wednesday off.

Wednesday morning Ciera and I got up bright and early to do a little shopping before our appointments. Brian then met us to take Ciera to her appointment. Within 10 minutes I had received a call saying she was good as new. They then picked up Logan's cousin to play for the afternoon and Ciera's friends. The house was fairly noisy all afternoon, but Brian and I still managed to escape the chaos by watching Wife Swap all afternoon. That night we spent together just the four of us to enjoy the 'alone time' and be thankful for each other. I thought Baskin Robbins was the place to do that. Nothing looked very good though so I just enjoyed a few licks of Logan's 'double cone'.

0 comments: