CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

A girls day!

Brian and Logan headed out this morning at 8:30 for their first NFL game together. Logan's flag football team had the opportunity to get free tickets to the Raiders game. Even though we expected it would be cold and rainy in Oakland this time of year, they were eager to go and the cousins and Uncle Jon went too. It turned out to be beautiful today, here and in Oakland.

That left Ciera and I alone for the day. I owed her breakfast out, so the plan was to get up in the morning and get going early enough to want breakfast. I woke her up by 9, but she fell back asleep until 10ish. We were both finally up and showered by 11:30, a little too late to enjoy breakfast. She decided she'd like lunch at BJ's Brewery. We both enjoyed our standard order, Turkey Cobb for her and a California Burger for me. We both enjoyed our meal and have enough left over for dinner too. It was nice to chat with her about the little things.

I left the planning up to Ciera, whatever she wanted to do. We drove by the movie theaters to see if there was anything worth seeing at an appropriate time, no such luck. We then headed to Kmart to check out some sneakers, not so cute in person. Finally we settled on the mall. I HATE going to the mall, so I think she knows this was a 'special' day. We spent a couple of hours adding to her Christmas list and trying on clothes. She found the 'perfect' pair of skinny jeans, but they didn't have her size in stock, so we ordered them instead. She also found a pair of sneakers that she 'had to have', even if she had to use her own money for them (this is always the real test). After the mall we stopped by Justice. We have some 'Justice cash' that needs to be used in the next two weeks. She had no problem finding a few things that she would definitely wear.

Now that we are home I'm exhausted and desperately want a Hershey bar. I may have to bust open the bag of chocolate chips if the hot cocoa doesn't take away the desire. While at the mall I popped back into Motherhood Maternity. They have a bathroom in the store and I didn't know where a closer one would be (they just remodeled the mall). I lucked into a clearance cami in my favorite shade of red and I picked up a 'tummy sleeve' that may help keep some of my 'bigger' pants up until the tummy fully fills out. It's a one size fits all, so I was hesitant to believe it would actually fit. It felt really nice on though and I have high hopes for all day comfort with it. Speaking of all day comfort, I recently found new panties that I LOVE. I needed to go up a size and was horribly disappointed to find that they stopped making the type that I'd previously bought (for years). It always seems to take forever and many bad purchases to find a new style/brand that I like. I was shocked to find the new answer with just one package! The only problem is that they don't have anymore in the store and I haven't found anywhere else that carries them yet. I will have to do some serious searching this week. They are so comfy and stretchy and they weren't horribly expensive either!

The hope is to still get a picture taken tonight and have it uploaded by tomorrow morning depending on how tired Brian is from the game and drive home. The kids go back to school tomorrow and I know it's going to be hard to get us all up by 7 at the latest. It's been nice to have them home, but honestly I didn't get to see much of them. We are so busy during the regular school days that the kids don't often get to have friends over for longer than an hour or two, so I really wanted them to be able to do that over Thanksgiving break. I think I succeeded. They both seemed to have a lot of fun with their friends and I think our break in December will be just as enjoyable.

0 comments: