CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 28, 2008

24 weeks 6 days OB appointment

Wednesday was my latest OB appointment. Everything checked out great. Blood pressure was 118/80, pulse was 100 and my weight was right around where I expected it and on target with my goal. We talked about the H twins and what I could do/take to make things better. He OK's OTC heartburn meds. I don't really like the idea of taking a 'preventative' heartburn med like Prilosec, I'd rather take something as needed. The Zantac worked great on Thursday. He really didn't have a whole lot of advice for the other H twin, aside from what I've already been doing. We talked about a flu shot and he definitely recommended that I get one and even had the nurse administer it before I left. As promised, my arm was a little/ a lot sore for the rest of the day.

We also talked about the possibility of a VBAC. Despite his telling me at the beginning of the pregnancy that we should schedule a c-section in the event of twins, he agreed that there was no reason not to try for a vaginal delivery should I go into labor on my own before our c-section date. Now, little girl may decide to play games like P did and stay head down until the last month just to get my hopes up. But if she does flip, I'm not terrified or worried about a C-section. I prefer the idea of the babies coming when they are ready or my body gives out rather than us picking a day. I think we'll try to plan the c-section date for 38-39 weeks and see what happens. I also would prefer that the babes get the benefit of having the fluids pushed out of them in the vaginal delivery process. I know they will be fine should we need a c-section, but it's nice to know that we can try things on our own first. Plus, Dr. E assured me that there are always so many people around at the hospital that should we need quick intervention, there is always many people available. So, we'll just wait and see what the ultrasounds tell us in January and February.

But for now everything looks great for all of us.

1 comments:

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Zantac is the best, I'm glad your getting relief. Also Gaviscon for instant relief (like seconds instant) is good too.

Milk of Magnesia may help keep things soft to prevent the H outbreaks, that and sitz baths 2 to 3 times per day, first hot then cold. I found sitting in hot and massaging them (I know gross) but to get the blood moving about, then ice it after bath to reduce swelling helped. Icing helps the itch too, with a added touch of creams. I hate both H's so I totally understand what your going through.

Glad the appt went well and there is still lots of hope for that VBAC!