CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

22 weeks already!!

This has been a fairly busy week. I feel great all day, aside from the heartburn and hemorrhoids, but by evening I am dragging and I can't even get myself to update on here. Today I only had copies to make so I committed to getting caught up today.

Monday Ciera had a dental cleaning to prepare her teeth for the braces coming next week. I made an enchilada casserole that almost everyone ate, but they apparently prefer 'traditional' enchiladas to the casserole. It was a fairly quiet evening as I was still feeling quite tired and sore from the weekend.

Tuesday I voted and then went to get the oil changed in the van. I'd been putting it off since the 20% warning light came on and it finally switched over to negative miles, so I headed to Roseville. I've been slowly plugging away on a book Brian recommended (since no one else gave any suggestions). I can't remember the name of it-something about naming the wind. It's not bad, but I just haven't been able to keep my eyes focused on it. I did get a big chunk read while waiting on the van though. I then headed across the street to Wendy's for a baked potato with chili and sour cream. Since I was already in town I headed to Kohl's to check out the Tony Hawk stuff for Logan. He doesn't want a jacket this year but he's agreed to wear a thick sweatshirt-if it's Tony Hawk and has a skull. They had several choices and I deliberated between buying them all and then returning what he doesn't want or making him come to the store with me. I finally decided to just buy and return since I really want him taking a sweatshirt to school and there's just not a good time to get him to Roseville this week. I also found him a pair of clearance Tony Hawk sneakers and a very nice pair of pants. Ordinarily he would say he hated the pants, but because they are Tony Hawk he loves them. The boy now has an outfit for Thanksgiving and Christmas that doesn't involve track pants with pockets (the only other thing he's agreed to wear). After school Ciera and I had to go back to Roseville for her to get spacers put into her molars to prepare her teeth for the upcoming braces. Poor thing, she's got plastic pieces wedged in between her molars to help separate them for the next 6 days. She has to have a soft diet and nothing sticky. The toughest part (aside from the pain) is that she can't have tortilla chips-this is virtually the only thing she eats for lunch. Brian and Logan made English Muffin pizzas for us for dinner and then we were off to football practice. The weather has definitely cooled off and I'm quite comfortable in the daytime in my pants and short sleeve top or tank, but as soon as the sun goes down it's getting chilly. I actually watched football from the warmth of the van that night.

Wednesday Ciera's class went on a field trip where we learned about our environmental footprint and how our choices are helping or hurting. Ciera actually enjoyed this field trip (at least more than any other) and I did as well. It made me feel good that I've stopped using Ziploc bags for lunches (despite Ciera's gripes about it), but made me realize that I should possibly suck it up and splurge on a refillable bottle that won't retain odors or tastes (which is the problem with all of the refillable bottles we currently have). I went by Target and found a nice one for $10. So far so good, we'll see how it is next week. After school Logan and I worked on his book report and then it was time for dinner, crock pot chicken with vegetables and potatoes in a cream of mushroom sauce. Ciera and Brian both ate it and said it was good. I could not bring myself to try the chicken-it just looked bad to my pregnant belly, so I had leftover enchilada casserole. Logan had a bowl of cereal before soccer and said he'd eat after practice (he doesn't like to eat too much before he has to go out and run for 2 hours). It was so cold at 6:30 I didn't even try to sit outside the car. I even had to wrap up in a blanket while watching practice in the car. I went straight to bed after explaining to Logan how to fix a bowl of Chicken Noodle soup. Apparently everyone else got to bed on their own eventually, I was out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I woke up today feeling better and rested, but still looking forward to lying around and reading today. Ciera has a pitching lesson and Logan and I have to finish up his book report tonight. I think we'll be having pasta with meat sauce and 'hopefully' some garlic bread. I will get Brian to take a picture tonight and I'll get those uploaded by tomorrow.

The babies have done good all week. There is a lot of movement going on internally and I have no real complaints outside of the heartburn and hemmerrhoids. It'd be nice if I could suffer from just one at a time, but there have been days where they both kicked my butt.

5 comments:

Jaymee said...

sounds like a busy week. those spacers are the worst, i hated them more than the braces.

get a baby bottle brush for the drink bottle. we also use denture cleaning tablets once a month or so, and that seems to do the trick.

Cyn said...

Thanks for the great ideas. We even have the denture cleaning tablets from Ciera's old retainer.

Millie said...

You've sure been eating good this week. I got hungry reading! We love enchilada casserole here. I love it because it is easier to make then the regular enchilada's. Short cut cook that I am :-)

22 weeks. WOW. Time has been flying.

Cyn said...

You know, I actually thought the casserole took longer than just traditional enchiladas.

STE said...

I guess technically, only the hemorrhoids kicked your butt.

;)

Sorry that things are so uncomfortable. I hope they let up soon.