CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

What a nice day!

I had BIG plans of pampering myself today, but of course my plans quite often change. I had planned to get a much needed pedicure before my 1:00 lunch date. Well I came home from dropping the kids off and promptly climbed back into bed without setting the alarm. I slept from 8:30-11! No pedicure for me, there was simply not enough time to shower AND shave my legs before lunch.

I met up with a dear childhood friend that I've known since birth for lunch. I have been itching for a REALLY good burger so I googled Best burgers and Google recommended The Habit Burger Grill. It wasn't a bad burger, but it was definitely not the BEST burger in the area. Brian and I are going to try another recommendation in Downtown Sac on Monday. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can find a burger that compares to the one in P & L's hometown. Overnighting the burger makes it one expensive craving!

So visiting with my friend was nice. We generally try to get together once a month to catch up, but the summer got away from us. After lunch I stopped by Sam's for some milk and fruit. I also picked up a mosquito eater. Logan has been complaining about the mosquitos in his room now that I open up the windows at night.

When I got home Part 2 of my gift from S & S and family had arrived. Part 1 came last week and I will confess that I did open the box early to see what was inside, but I didn't take it out or tell anyone about it, so I don't think it counts as cheating. Besides STE knew if it arrived early I wouldn't be able to help myself. I opened up both packages and got busy making my first batch of Belgian Waffles with my brand new Rotating Belgian Waffle maker. I have wanted one of these for almost 2 years, ever since we stayed at a hotel that offered 'make your own Belgian waffles'. I just need to find the perfect mix. The one I tried was a little 'thick' on the inside, but still tasty.

Soon we have flag football practice and then we'll all head to bed, hopefully early. Logan has soccer at 1 on Saturday and Ciera has her first tournament of the fall season in Stockton. I don't get to go on Saturday, but am looking forward to seeing the 'new team' play together on Sunday. Another busy weekend!

Monday morning we get another peek at the twins. I'm very excited and can't wait to see them looking like hot dog buns! Oh, and next week it's supposed to FINALLY cool off. It was actually 95 degrees out today! In fact it was so hot that the chocolate chips that came in my gift were melted into a nice solid mass of chocolate! If I was 11 I could've had a swim party for the first time ever!

2 comments:

Sarah Andrews said...

Sounds like you had a nice day Cyn. :O) Sorry the pedi and best burger didn't work out for you. I am a big fan of waffles myself but I have never heard of a rotating maker. Fancy!

Very exciting about the upcoming u/s. STE - are you going to be finding out the sex?

STE said...

Yes, we're planning on finding out the gender, but we're still a bit early. DH and I will be going out for the 20 week ultrasound at the end of October, and hopefully the little ones will be in a cooperative mood!