CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Catching up to do

I was going to get caught up yesterday, but then STE posted the pic of P & L and I didn't want to bump them down, but it has to be done.

Sunday was nice. Logan and I had brunch at Panera Bread while Ciera and Brian went to the final day of the Jennie Finch softball camp. Apparently Jennie Finch and her dad personally looked at all of the pitchers for their form and mechanics (how neat is that). But, they actually pulled Ciera out to have her demonstrate her pitch for the other girls because her mechanics were so good (Thank you Kristen, our pitching coach). What an incredible honor! Ciera was very embarrassed about it, but Brian and I are so proud of her (plus it's a comfort to know that she has good mechanics and is less likely to injure herself). Sunday evening we all went to Brian's parents house for my birthday dinner. Uncle Jon agreed to grill his famous 'Yoshida Burgers' for me and OH were they good!

Monday I woke up with the intention of getting the house picked up and my fall decor out. When I got home from taking the kids to school I knew that I'd need a new plan. I just felt BAD! So tired and lethargic. I watched some TV, ended up watching Vanilla Sky, and then took a 3 hour nap. I still felt pretty bad and apparently the gals at school I looked really tired as well. Monday was our only free night as a family so I had hoped maybe we'd go out to eat for my birthday, but I just couldn't talk myself into leaving the bed. Brian was sweet enough to bring me home Burger King, the only thing that even sounded ok.

Tuesday I woke up feeling MUCH better! I picked up a few things at Target, went to the bank and came home to let the cleaning ladies in. This was our first try at finding someone to come clean for me every other week. When Logan came home from school he said, "This is the cleanest our house has ever been!" (which is not entirely true, but it was sweet). While they were cleaning I was able to get out some of the fall stuff AND take a 2 1/2 hour nap! When I woke up the house was clean and I hadn't had to do anything but pick up our clutter(actually I made everyone pick up their own clutter from around the house-Monday was not a happy night for everyone). Of course, since it was Tuesday we stopped by Coldstone after school as well. I was pretty hungry all day again. I started out with a bowl of oatmeal, 2 apples with peanut butter, 2 chicken salad sandwiches, a bag of sunchips (counts as a whole grain), 2 protein shakes, a bowl of yogurt, a banana, a tangerine, 2 crunchy tacos from Taco Bell (corn shell counts as a whole grain too), a kid size Coldstone and several glasses of milk and water.

Today I woke up feeling pretty rested, but I know I've got a big day ahead of me so I'm pacing myself this morning. I'm going to watch a friend's son for a couple of hours and then my kids have a minimum day, out at 12:30. Ciera will be going to her friend's house, but I will have 5 boys at my house for a couple of hours. Then we have Open House at school and soccer practice tonight. As if it wasn't tiring enough trying to decide what to eat all day! Today has started out OK, oatmeal, and some Chicken, Rosemary, Portobello Mushroom ravioli in an Alfredo sauce with a glass of milk.

Be sure to scroll down to yesterday's post to see the pic of the first day of Preschool!

1 comments:

J and D said...

I love your food diary, it makes me smile.

Way to go Ciera with the strong pitching arm!!