CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays!!

Saturday Logan had a 9am soccer game and we were off and running for the day. The boys played a great game and hung in there with the #1 team in the age division. They didn't give up and they learned a lot!

After the game we had just enough time for Ciera to go pitch and for me to finish making the spinach dip and get presents wrapped up. Then we were on our way to my baby brother's little girl's 2nd birthday. In July they moved a little further up the hill to a house rather than an apartment. It's been a lot of work, but they all seem to be enjoying have some space and no neighbors! My niece, Dorothy, has gotten SO big and had such a great time with all of her cousins (she has many young cousins on her mom's side). It was so neat to see my brother so grown up and hosting a party so well. The food was great and he made sure to visit with everyone as well as play with his little girl.

After cake and presents we headed back down the hill (about 30 minutes to get home). We stopped and picked up Ciera's softball friend to come stay the night. When we got home Brian and Logan had about an hour to rest before heading off to Brian's sister's son, Steven's party. When they returned home 4 hours later it was clear that Logan had a blast playing football and games with the 11 & 12 year old boys.

For dinner the girls' wanted to go to a buffet, so that meant Chinese here. It's clear that the babies are still not ready for Chinese. There just wasn't anything other than egg rolls that had much appeal. I did manage to eat plenty of chicken, rice, green beans, zucchini and mushrooms though. I just have no desire to go back anytime soon.

The girls and I watched Penelope and The Wedding Singer and then they were off to bed. In all honesty, they brushed their teeth and were instructed to play/talk quietly in bed but to turn off the light and stop talking at 11. I went to bed trusting them to eventually be asleep by midnight and I was OUT! I did not get my nap for the day.

On Sunday the girls had softball practice so we were all up and out of the house by 8am! They both got up well though so I guess they did OK going to bed at 11:30. After almost 4 hours of practice we headed to Barnes and Noble to pick a nonfiction book for Logan to read for his next book report. For a child who insists he doesn't like baseball, he was very excited to get a Babe Ruth book. We stopped at Togo's, Rubio's and Panda Express to get some lunch. Anyone care to guess which place I ordered food from?

Logan and I got dropped off at home and then Ciera and Brian headed back out for a pitching and hitting lesson. That's right, that raises the softball practice time to 5 1/2 hours for Ciera today. When she got back home she was BEAT!! I guess that was enough practice for one day. She's been lying on my bed since she got home.

When I was shopping on Friday BLT's sounded good. I bought everything we'd need and we finally got a chance to make them. Dinner was good with some Turkey, avocado and cheese added in as well. I also finally got to have my cottage cheese with Cheeze-Its. And I still can't get enough milk. We are going through 4 gallons of milk in about a week and I don't think the kids are drinking much of it.

I think we may all be in bed by 9:00 tonight! Tomorrow everything starts again!

0 comments: