CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mushroom Patties?

Mushroom patties was closest my family came to meatloaf. My mother had as much trouble giving me a recipe for this as my MIL had giving me an exact recipe for her meatloaf. I'm more of an exact measurement type gal, so I needed it broken down for me.

1 lb ground meat (beef or turkey-1/2 and 1/2 is great too)
3 eggs
7 shakes salt
7 shakes pepper
3/4 cups bread crumbs
1/2-3/4 diced onion (or my Onion Onion spice so Logan doesn't know we're having onions)

Mix together ( I wear plastic gloves because I don't care to touch raw meat or eggs)
Form into patties and put in frying pan
Brown both sides
Add a can of Cream of Mushroom, reduce heat, cover and let simmer until the meat is cooked all the way through. (I probably should've used 2 cans so I could make the green beans a little saucier after I cooked the meat).

3 comments:

Queenie327 said...

Sounds good. I think we'll try it one night this week. Thanks for the recipe

MylissaLynn said...

How come I never get invited for dinner?!?!?

Cyn said...

Because no one gets invited! :)
Plus I can't hardly ever commit to fixing something on any given night. You can always pick up a left-over lunch from Brian at work. He usually takes it and forgets to eat it for lunch the first day.