CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 19, 2008

Totino's pizza, gummi bears and candy corn-oh the joy of 15 weeks!

So Thursday was much like every other Thursday. I made copies at school in the morning and got a Whopper and onion rings for lunch again. I had a lovely 2 hour nap and then picked up the kids.
Ciera had softball so that means an early dinner of pasta. I am SO sick of pasta! I added some breaded chicken tenderloins and chicken nuggets to the menu. We have about an hour between getting home from school and heading to the ball field, so it always feels a little frantic to me.

The team had another great game and Ciera got to pitch some for the first time in several months. The other parents had been raving about the 'teriyaki chicken bowls' so Logan and I shared one as a second dinner. I was NOT impressed and sadly we threw half of it away. On the drive home I knew I was going to need something else to eat and Brian hadn't eaten anything yet. Suddenly I knew, I wanted Totino's frozen pizza. You know, the really inexpensive and fairly nasty pizzas that don't really even count as pizza. So we stopped by Safeway and picked some up, along with the gummi bears I'd been thinking about for several days (we did get some apples and pears as well). The Totino's was all that I had been hoping for and I was able to go to bed happy and full.

Friday started off with a bang. Today was the day Logan could bring our dog Scamp to school to share. Of course we had to give him a bath Thursday night so he felt soft and smelled like coconuts. We were finally running low on milk, so off to Roseville I went (I try to only go once a week to conserve gas and I'm getting lazy). I turned in all of our loose change, $165 worth of loose change. I went by Trader Joe's to pick up some creamed honey to go with my corn bread and some Pumpkin bread mix (without nuts). Then to Walmart to get some Shoe Goo for Ciera's cleats, yogurt, brownie mix, pudding mix, SpaghettiO's, pasta sauce, candy corn (who eats candy corn anyhow) and some more Totino's. My final stop was Sam's Club for romaine salad mix, milk, eggs and bananas. I had meant to pick up another sweater while I was there and totally forgot.

By the time I was finished it was almost 1:00 and I was in need of lunch so I treated myself to a burger from Wendy's. The tomatoes were so fresh and delicious that I think it was a much healthier lunch choice than it sounds. After unloading and repacking the freezer I was able to get in an hour nap.

Logan had football again tonight so I took along my new book, Sister of My Heart. I actually started it this summer and lost track of it. So far I'm enjoying it. Tomorrow Ciera gets to go to the Jennie Finch Softball Camp so I figured I'd need something to read while I'm out there. It should be a fun camp. There will be several ladies from the USA Olympic Softball Team there to give instruction to the girls. Logan has soccer in the morning and I'm a little bummed that I won't get to be there. We've been fortunate to not have to miss too much of either one of their activities.

I have to confess that I need it to start cooling off soon. My 'non-maternity' capri's are starting to run out of room, especially when I'm sitting. I find I quite often have to unbutton them while sitting at the computer-perhaps I should stop doing that so much. I'm starting to get antsy about our next ultrasound. It feels like it's been forever since we last checked in to see how they're growing. I can't help but get a little nervous. Fortunately we only have to wait another 10 days.

Ooh! I'm also loving warm milk at night before bed!

0 comments: