CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

What an exhausting day!

Saturday morning Ciera and I headed to Folsom (about 40 minutes away) at 7am for a Jennie Finch Softball Camp. 7 is the time I'm usually getting up, and I was supposed to be fed, food packed and out the door at 7? Well we made it and then got to wait in the registration line for an hour.

Ciera had a great day though. She had 2 teammates in her group so she wasn't all alone out there. They had several ladies from the Olympic team coaching at 7 different stations. It was really neat to actually get coached by the ladies hanging on her walls. What an amazing group of women. The girls got Subway and Gatorade for lunch, which are two of Ciera's favorites. I got to hang out for 7 hours and read my book while trying to keep an eye on what she was doing from a distance. It was a very nice day and only got warm the last few hours.

Somehow sitting for 7 hours was exhausting for me! The drive home felt MUCH longer than 40 minutes. We stopped off at a store in Folsom to pick up new sliding shorts. We just bought sliding shorts in the spring but the girl just keeps on growing! We finally got home at 5:30. I went straight to my bed and OH did that feel good to lie down! My feet were so tired feeling that I decided a bath with my 'magic mineral salts' would be a great idea. While I waited for the water to cool Brian brought me pizza in bed and Ciera and I told him all about the camp. The bath was everything I had hoped for. I went straight to bed to finish the last few chapters of the book and then I fell asleep!

I woke up this morning starving but feeling so much more rested! Today Brian is taking Ciera to day 2 of the camp and Logan and I get to hang out at home this morning. We need to run to Staples to get some things to keep Logan better organized at school and make brownies this afternoon. Today we are celebrating my birthday with Brian's family so we'll head to his parents' house this afternoon as well.

Oh, and the book, Sister of My Heart, was a good read once I got past not knowing how to pronounce their names.

0 comments: