CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A thank you post!

My sweet husband brought me home a surprise tonight. I was hoping for chocolate, but he got me a new keyboard instead. Our space bar had been sticking for several weeks, so it was a very thoughtful gift. I think it might've been his way of trying to 'cheer me up' after my two days of emotional and irrational responses to life.

I should also thank him for taking such good care of me during my first few days home from the hospital. It would've been much harder to get out of bed without his help. I'm SO thankful that he is such a wonderful father and that I didn't have to worry about my kids at all while in the hospital (I did have to worry that the trash would go out on Monday morning, but never about the kids' needs). I also owe him a HUGE thank you for putting up with me throughout the pregnancy, rubbing my feet when asked and supporting me in general through both surrogacies. Surrogacy was not something that he felt passionately about, but he understood that I did and supported my desire to help someone else have what we have, children.

I of course have to thank my kids as well. They dealt with this pregnancy much better than the first, but I think that was due to several reasons. First of all they were older, which I think makes everything easier. Secondly, we really thought out the planning of this pregnancy. I set up our lives so that the pregnancy would hopefully not take away from their needs. I was able to rest while they were in school and the delivery came during our 'slow season' as far as the kids' activities.

I need to send a giant thank you out to Melissa for always being available when I needed her and for being so supportive always. It was so nice to have her with me at the ultrasounds and to have lunch with her afterwards. I'm so glad she could be with me at the hospital and was the first 'visitor' to see the babies. Thank you again Melissa for allowing me the opportunity to help STE and S. I've said it before, but I don't know that I could've been so selfless as to have 'given up' such a wonderful couple. You are a far more thoughtful and less jealous person than I.

Thanks to our families for supporting us through these pregnancies. I think they probably understood even less than Brian WHY I would want to carry for someone else. But they were supportive and helpful even if they didn't quite get it (although I think they do understand better now that they've gotten to know the family and see the end result).

I need to thank STE's parents for my Christmas gift. I received a Rosemary Mint bath set and without that shower gel and lotion I would not have been so relaxed the last two months. I used the gel in my bath and Brian would rub my feet with the lotion. The scent was so relaxing and it was much appreciated!

Most importantly I need to thank STE & S. So many people have so many different experiences through surrogacy. I am so thankful to have the relationship that we have. I am honored to have been chosen to play such an integral part in their family, not once but twice. It's not every day that someone allows you into their lives and their hearts. They made this experience so wonderful. They were always thoughtful and considerate of my needs and desires. I also received many thoughtful gifts that I will treasure forever (I neglected to capture the beautiful flowers I received, but they made my bedroom smell so good). I was so touched by how much they actually cared about me and how I was feeling. They have been fantastic about updating me about the kids and how they are growing. They have always made me feel more than welcome in their home. And they are fantastic parents! When I think about surrogacy I don't think 'how amazing am I to do this for someone', I always feel how amazing it is that someone would allow me to do this for them and to let me be a part of something so meaningful.

I loved every minute of carrying a second pregnancy for them. We all knew each other so much better and really had a better idea of what to expect. It made every minute that much more enjoyable and less stressful. It was so nice to not worry about what will happen when the babies were born, would I ever hear from them again. I knew without a doubt that I will always hear from them and be welcome in their homes, by them and their family members (who are all so wonderful to be around). I only hope that they did not feel cheated out of any experiences because I was so comfortable this time around.

While I'm at it I should thank all of you who managed to stick around and read all of my ramblings. I started this blog as a way to keep STE and family updated and to have a way to easily record the pregnancy. I was not expecting to be so supported by others in the 'blog community'. I rally did appreciate all of the support and well wishes. It was so nice to see that others actually read what I had to say.

Who knows what the future will hold for me now, but I am so thankful to have had such an amazing experience in my life and can not wait to see how these 4 precious children will change the world!

Thank you again, to each of you!!

6 comments:

Wewurtskihit said...

No need to thank US - we are all a sort of family in blogger world, having gone through surrogacy or going through it or planning/thinking about going through it or have been the most amazing person making it happen!!!!! We LOVE to support each other!!

anyway....you are welcome **wink** :-)

Sarah Andrews said...

I loved this post from your Cyn! You are a remarkable person and it has been such an honor to follow along with your journey and your life.

I agree with Mark - we are a blogger family!

Hugs!

Sanda said...

Absolutely beautiful post! You are quite remarkable and it's amazing what joy you have brought to so many others. I know I have thoroughly enjoyed following along with your blog!
Kudos to your hubby on the new keyboard :)

MyLifeMyWorld said...

I agree no need to thank us, thank you for allowing us to join you in your surrogacy adventure and for being so open and honest about your experience. It's been wonderful to watch you go through this and I feel like I've really gotton to know you better.

It's been a wild ride huh....and we'd both do it all over again in a heartbeat I'm sure.

Rebekah said...

What a fantastic post - I love reading your blog!! Your DH sounds WONDERFUL and I'm so glad he has been there for you through it all!! :)

Melissa said...

Awww, this is a great post...I'm all teary eyed now!