CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 6, 2009

Ah, Friday!

I am feeling much better today and am so grateful that so many people are still reading. I know the really exciting part is over and I'm touched that so many of you continue to check in on things.

Ciera's chin seems fine today. When I asked her about it, she appeared to have forgotten all about the injury. She was upset last night that people would be able to see it though. I assured her that most people don't look at the underside of people's chins and she should be safe.

I was not the lucky winner that got to sleep in this morning, but when you've got to get up to pump it hardly matters. Ciera did get up 20 minutes late and managed to hog the shower and bathroom for over an hour. Logan opted to skip his shower and just wet his hair down (which is always his choice if I give it to him). We did manage to get to school on time and then I headed back to bed.

I am LOVING the hospital grade Symphony Pump. I am up to over 50 ounces at 12 days PP, which compared to my production last time is fabulous! I am pumping every 2 1/2-3 hours from about 6:30am-9/11pm and I wake once in the night, usually around 2:30. This is about how often I pumped last time, but with the Symphony I only have to pump for 15-20 minutes and I know I was pumping more like 30-40 minutes with the PIS (original version).

It was a fairly quiet day. Brian took Logan a hot lunch and then headed to the gym. He recently went back and remembered how much he actually enjoyed going. This makes it much easier for him to want to go on a day off. He got home just in time to watch Wife Swap with me. He also did up our taxes finally and we'll be looking forward to a nice refund-just in time for softball hotel expenses.

Logan has his final basketball game tomorrow. He's enjoyed playing but is definitely excited about being on a new team for the spring season, which starts in April. Next week is the beginning of our softball season. She has her first game on Tuesday and the first tournament over the weekend. It will probably be a bit cold for awhile, but it will be nice to get back into playing/watching.

It's almost report card time again, which means school is almost over! It's amazing how quickly the school year really goes by. It's also a little scary to think about how much they still have to learn this year. Logan's teacher this year has focused a lot on writing, which has greatly improved his writing skills, but I fear that his math has suffered this year. He doesn't seem to retain the math as well as he used to, and honestly most of it should be review for him. Next year should be a very good balance though, I just hope he's prepared. Ciera has begun to slide a little as well, but she assures me that she knows how to do it, she's just not taking her time. We'll see next week if she's really making the appropriate changes. At least she's over her math frustration that we spent all last weekend working on. She's also stopped stating that I push her too much and expect too much of her. I guess we'll know for sure in 3 more weeks.

2 comments:

Earthybirthy said...

Way to go on pumping! I'm always interested in hearing how people do with the hospital grade pumps, as i havent decided what i'll use yet. And time really does fly, doesnt it seem like school just started???

MylissaLynn said...

Seems like the hospital grade did the trick! Awesome!