CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Quite the weekend!

I absolutely HATE bumping pictures of the babies! If you haven't seen the latest pictures of the 4 kiddos, please scroll down. The picture is priceless. It's the one I carry around with me to show people!

This weekend we had Ciera's first softball tournament of the season. Fortunately it was a local tournament, but it was a breezy, cold (for CA) day. Ciera did great during the first game. She stole, slid into second and had to dive back to 3rd. Sadly, she jammed her finger pretty good on her dive back to 3rd. She went out and played 1st for one more inning and then the pain got to her and she let her coach know she was hurt. By that time it had already swollen up pretty bad. She continued to ice it for the rest of the day, but she was out for the rest of the tournament.

The team did great though. They tied their first game and beat the pants of the next two teams. We didn't have to return on Sunday until 12:00. They lost 5-3 so the day ended fairly early for a Sunday.

After the game I took Ciera to Urgent Care where they x-rayed her finger. It appears as though she has a small fracture. They are going to have the radiologist confirm it on Tuesday (I guess they don't come in on Mondays?). She's in a splint until then and possibly for 3-4 weeks! It does look really bad, swollen and bruised. I just hope it's not really fractured!

Logan rediscovered baseball on Thursday. He had given it up several years ago after 2 boring years in kid pitch. He still has a pretty good arm and even went out to hit on Friday to test out those skills. He spent the weekend throwing with his dad and decided he'd really like a new baseball mitt for his birthday. He's even considering playing baseball in the fall, this is a huge step for him. It's been exciting to see him rediscover something that he was so good at. His dad took him to the store Sunday afternoon to pick out the glove. He was SO excited! They then spent 2 hours out at the park playing catch.

I had a VERY successful weekend pumping away from home. I was a bit worried that my production would be lower, just because I'm not able to pump at exactly 2 1/2 hours. I was still able to get a good 68 oz + each day. I did have my first experience with spilled milk this time around. On Sunday morning I woke up at 3:10 with my shirt soaked-who knows how much milk was wasted. And if that wasn't bad enough, the bottle filled up so quickly I lost milk out the side due to poor bottle positioning by me. I soaked my sheet AND down comforter (that doesn't actually fit in my washer). Despite losing an unimaginable amount of milk, I was still able to collect 21 oz at 3am in the morning!

I felt pretty good physically this weekend. I didn't get to nap, but I felt OK. I'm hopeful that this week will be better. I do need to put in a call to my dr. though. I discovered yesterday that there is a small area of my incision that doesn't seem to be 'closed' anymore. It's small enough that it may be fine, but I'll feel much more comfortable if a professional tells me it's ok (not just my hubby).

Sunday night is our last night with a 9 year old! I can hardly believe that my baby, my youngest, is already in double digits!! When I found out I was expecting a boy, I was terrified. I was so afraid of raising a son, but he has turned out to be a joy and I'm so glad that I got to experience 'him'. There have been challenges, 3 was SO hard, but overall he has been an absolute joy! As much as I've loved him being every age, I really look forward to seeing him continue to grow into a wonderful man. I feel quite confident that he's going to be a wonderful husband and father, just like his dad! Happy 10th birthday little bear!

1 comments:

Wewurtskihit said...

Well - Happy Double Digits!!!

Sounds like someone is going to have a really GREAT Bday!! With parents like yours I would HOPE so :-)

Poor Ciera - it is not fun to have anything broken. I am sure she'll sport a nice something on her finger and get it all signed at school!!!!