CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 2, 2009

I want my heaters back!

Our house is the same temperature that has been comfortable to me all winter, but I've been freezing the last few days! I tried to add an extra blanket (actually just using the one Brian had been using and I'd been kicking off all winter) but found the weight too much for my still sensitive, swollen feet. Perhaps we'll have to turn the heater up like normal people.

The good news is I can now reach my own feet to rub them with lotion and I'm loving it. I've also found rubbing my calves is just as gratifying. I didn't realize they were swollen as well. I also found a way to finally view my incision. I then spend the next 30 minutes pulling off the little adhesive strips so I could get a better look at it. Dr. Chu did a scar revision and I was curious how it looked.

I got to see an updated picture of V&B at 1 week old and was amazed at how much they have changed already! Tears sprang to my eyes and my breasts immediately started to leak-about an hour early. They are going to be beautiful children and I will be speechless when I see them in April.

Today went well and I even made an extra trip to school to bring Logan Motrin for his sore jaw that resulted from chewing an entire package of sugar gum this weekend. I think he has learned his lesson though.

We also got to have a wonderful home cooked meal without having to cook anything. My SIL sent over Chicken Parmigiana and even included the pasta. It was delicious and was a great way to welcome chicken back into my life.

I think we're looking at another increase in production today as well. I believe I averaged around 40oz a day last time I pumped, so I am really hoping that the hospital grade pump allows me to be more productive. I'm pretty pleased with 40+ oz at 1 week PP.

8 comments:

MyLifeMyWorld said...

40oz is amazing!!!! Considering a baby 4-6 months usually only eats about 24-30 so that's a lot!! How long do you plan to pump for? Your doing great might I add.

Oh and as for the cold, same thing happened in my house, everyone was complaining how cold it was all through the pregnancy and I was in t-shirt and shorts, then baby came out and it's like "darn it's cold in here!", lol. They sure are little heaters aren't they!

Jenn.. .. .. said...

Holy milk!! That's fantastic Cyn!! I am sure you're cold from the difference in having just you compared to having the twins. Pump the heater up if you want! You deserve to!! I can't believe they are already a week old! I hope you feel all better soon and the swelling disappears completely!

Nathan said...

Whoa! I'm out of it for a week and a half and the whole world has changed! The Dow's drops below 7K and you drop two kids! Amazing! So stoked for you Cyn! Sorry we're so late on the congratulations. If this is the line we've been off it. So proud of you. Look forward to reading the details. Thanks for the comments - yes you DID kick-up the last post. You're tough to keep up with. ICE CREAM!

Unknown said...

Cynthia,
Your story is truly amazing. I have been glued to my computer screen reading every detail. I am sorry for those low points but I am full of admiration for the love and service you demontrated to us all as you birthed those babies. Congratulations to everyone on the birth of two beautiful, healthy babies!
Much love from the Oates!

Betsey said...

Now you know why I've been complaining it's cold! It really is!!! Put on a sweater and some fuzzy socks, that usually helps me.

I'm glad you guys liked the dinner.. it was my pleasure. Don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything else (even if it is just a lunch out or something from the store...)ok? I'm here for you if you need me.

The boys asked about the babies again today -everyday Jackson is asking about us "getting" a baby.. he's so enamored by them.

It meant alot that STE& S welcomed us at the hospital and let the boys hold the babies. Seeing you were ok and so were the babies was good for them. And they are so proud of being able to "help."

J and D said...

Cyn~
It sounds like you are doing an awesome job!!!! I can not believe you have not turned on your heat. That is a concept that I can not wrap my head around. Lucky you!
I hope you continue to heal fast.
J

Cyn said...

I should clarify-the heat is on, just not very high. It is set for 68 degrees when the family is home and awake. It goes way down for bedtime and while the kids are at school.

There were occasional days that Brian would up the heat for a few hours on a Saturday.

I refuse to wrap my head around how cold it is where so many of you live!

Anonymous said...

"Tears sprang to my eyes and my breasts immediately started to leak-about an hour early"

I had the same reaction