CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

An outing!

I have been feeling really good and stopped taking my Ibuprofen yesterday. I am now only taking my prenatal, iron and stool softener. I'm still pretty tired, but it's only because I'm waking in the night to pump. I want to do as much as I can to establish a good supply before my rental is up on the hospital grade pump. I know my other pump will do a great job of maintaining my supply once it's established.

I had decided Monday night that we would go to the shoe store in town after school to see about basketball shoes for Logan and Ciera has been dying to check out the Converse selection. I figured it was close enough that if I felt I was pushing things we could just leave, no harm done. Well I did just fine. We didn't end up with basketball shoes, but Logan found a new pair of DC sneakers that he really wanted and at a great price, plus his birthday is just days away.

I was still feeling really good despite stopping my meds, so we went out to dinner at our new Red Robin. Red Robin is one of my favorite places to eat and it just opened up in town. I thought it might be nice to have a 'thank you family for supporting me' dinner. We even splurged on Onion Rings. I was shocked when the bill came, although I shouldn't have been if I'd done the math. The kids no longer eat of the kids menu and we ordered an appetizer. Most of us had enough left over for lunch though, so that helps to even things out. It certainly helps me to appreciate our new found ability to eat at home though.

And if that wasn't enough, I decided to stop by Target before bed. I really needed to pick up some ointment for my breasts, but I totally forgot while I was there. I guess I'll have to make another trip. We did make it to the make up aisle though and were overwhelmed by the eye liner options. We settled on 2 to start with and see if she preferred one type over the other. We also picked up a mascara of her own. Logan was sucked in by the Axe shampoo and was even willing to pay for 1/2 the cost (since he really didn't need shampoo). He also found a possible birthday shirt. He's still hoping for a DC shirt, but would be happy with this one if I can't find a DC shirt by his birthday. We always do a new shirt or outfit for the birthday. One year I didn't buy him one because I didn't think it really mattered to him. The morning of his birthday he asked me "where's my new shirt?" He was so sad and I felt so bad that I didn't realize that it had mattered to him. Ciera always speaks up and asks about it weeks before her birthday, Logan just assumed I would get him one. You can bet I was at Target as soon as they opened to get him a new shirt and I haven't forgotten since.

When we got home Ciera spent the rest of the evening trying out the eyeliner and trying to decide which one to wear today.

If it wasn't for the fact that I really need to nap during the day I think I would be going a little stir crazy. As it is I'm trying to talk myself out of going to Sam's Club this week. This is the biggest reason I stopped taking the Ibuprofen. I really need to feel a little bit of discomfort to keep me from doing crazy stuff that I have no business doing yet, like washing all of the curtains or painting bedrooms.

It will feel good to get back into the swing of 'doing stuff', but until then I feel like I'm in a bit of limbo. I no longer have to take it easy to help the babies grow, but I do still have to take it easy for myself. It's much harder to do it for myself.

I've been reluctant to blog about this because I feel like such a horrible person, but we got rid of Teddy over the weekend. Teddy was my grandpa's13 year old dog and we took him when my grandpa passed away last December. It wasn't too bad for most of the first year. Our puppy Scamp loved playing with him and it seemed like it would work out fine. The last few months though he'd really been getting to all of us and he never really warmed up to the kids. He was just a grumpy old dog that kept our puppy happy. He never really grew on us either and we were all starting to 'be over him' and felt bad about not really liking him. I finally told my mom I didn't know what to do, that he's driving us crazy. It turned out my aunt is now living in a place where she could have him and loved the idea of taking him. She came and got him that night. We have not really missed him at all, but poor Scamp was clearly missing him the first few days. He's doing better now, but definitely needs more attention now. The kids have done a good job playing with him more though, so hopefully it will all be OK. There, it's out. We are insensitive pet owners.

My milk production continues to go up each day (48 oz yesterday) and my weight continues to go down (37 lbs now). I just need to find a way to control the overwhelming desire for chocolate in the afternoon. I am eating my oatmeal and drinking my water, so I'm hoping that makes up for the chocolate.

6 comments:

Sanda said...

I'm glad you're doing so good! And don't feel like you're a bad pet owner! He has a new home now and not every animal is the right fit for every home. That's awesome you gave him a home for so long and that he has someone taking care of him now who might be a better fit!

J and D said...

What a nice day. Dinner out even shocks us when we order next to nothing. It is just another reason to learn to love to cook. I am not there yet.
I am sorry about the dog, that must have been hard for all of you.

What is a DC shirt is it on Ebay??

Jenni said...

I am so happy to hear that you are feeling good. I don't think you should feel bad about your pet. You did the right thing. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. They always mean the world to me.

Rebekah said...

Look at you!! :D I'm so glad you're feeling good and I'm SO jealous about Red Robin - they make the BEST burgers ever!! Yummy!! :D

Vickye said...

Trust me, if you knew what was happening at my house, you wouldn't think YOU were a bad pet owner! lol

Amazing amount of milk! Great job, keep it up! Are you sure you can't have a bite or two of chocolate? Ask your OB. I really can't imagine a 1/2 oz a day (which might help your craving) would hurt.

Cyn said...

I really am going to have to learn to proofread before I click 'post'.

DC is a brand and they typically make skate shoes, however they do appear to have clothing as well. I haven't found it in a store yet (although I haven't gone looking either), but there are a few sites online I've found them.

I'm not avoiding chocolate, I need to get the chocolate craving under control if I'm hoping to see actual weight loss besides the swelling. There's plenty of chocolate being consumed :)!