CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

The fantasic four...


So we're nearly three weeks as a family of 6.  B & V are doing fantastically.  We had a little issue with low weight gain in the beginning, but I think we've nipped it in the bud with some extra supplementing, and creamier breast milk.  We'll be set when Cyn's first shipment arrives, it's like 1/3 cream!  So far they are staying on similar schedules, and last night we even got one 5 hour stretch of sleep!  (hopefully it wasn't a fluke).  We are loving every minute with our new little dears, and are already starting to see the beginnings of personality differences between them- can't wait to see how they develop.

P&L are doing about as good as can be expected.  A little more clingy (we're having problems doing preschool drop off again), and a few more tantrums - but in all, not bad.  They're very interested in the new little ones, and are constantly trying to hug them, kiss them, feed them and generally suffocate them.  Really, no one has figured out how to child proof an infant from toddlers?  To be honest, keeping them safe from my well meaning 2 year olds is my biggest challenge.  If anyone knows where I can buy bouncy seats that are 4 feet off the floor let me know.

DH and I are adjusting.  Feeling pretty tired, but extremely happy and grateful for these wonderful children, and the addition of Cyn and her family in our life.  We're looking forward for her visit up in another month- and can't wait to show them off.  In the meantime, here is a photo taken by my friend Rebecca McBreaty.  Clockwise from the top is L, B, V and P.




9 comments:

Cyn said...

I can not wait to get up there!! I've actually had thoughts of coming earlier, but I know that there was no good time for me earlier. I'll just have to be patient and let everyone grow-they are going to be so big!
Thanks for taking the time to update, it just feels weird for me to do it :)
I still can't believe that they'll sleep for 5 hours!

Wewurtskihit said...

What a bunch of cuties!!! You guys are ALL the luckiest family!!!
way to go!! :-)

Melissa said...

They are all so beautiful! Congrats on the 5 hour block of sleep, I hope it continues.

Sarah Andrews said...

wOW - STE - your children are just gorgeous! What a special picture!

Wonderful to hear that life is adjusting for you all.

Betsey said...

Great picture! Happy to hear everything is running smooth for you...although I had no doubts it would. The boys loved the picture of the kids -although Jackson insists that you labeled it wrong and V must be near L since B is the one that cried. LOL

Sanda said...

What cuties!!! Congratulations!

Cyn said...

Somehow it never occurred to me that you are a 'FAMILY OF SIX'!!!

Queenie327 said...

Four little miracles...they are beautiful!! Best wishes to the Family of six. Cyn, you have done a wonderful thing here. Love ya

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Awe their so precious....glad to hear that your adjusting well.