CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

74 lbs of milk delivered safely by FedEx!

This was our first try with FedEx ground 2 day delivery, with no dry ice. It made it there by 2:00, 45 hours after I dropped it off. There are a few things we'll do differently when we box it next time (insulate the sides somehow) but it sounds like we didn't really lose any and most of it was still entirely frozen (unless STE didn't want to hear me cry about melted/ruined milk).

I also need to note for posterity that I ended up with my first clog yesterday. It seems to be worked out and never got 'really' bad, but yesterday was an uncomfortable pumping day. My production took a bit of a hit, but it seems to be back up today.

I'm big on posterity today. I spent a good while creating an Excel sheet to track my milk production since leaving the hospital. It's a little obsessive, but I find it very rewarding to see a running total for the day. I guess we'll see how long I care to keep up the careful tracking, but at least this way I no longer have to add it up myself.

Logan had a friend come over today and they made a 14 minute video of them playing pool together. I can't WAIT to watch that one! It was his first 'solo' project though, so that was neat to see his enthusiasm.

Ciera is back out on the softball field testing out how much she can and can't do with her 'injured' finger. She's been instructed to 'suck it up some' and try to play through the pain (without injuring it worse of course).

1 comments:

Wewurtskihit said...

We used Fedex overnight with Karma and her sis - J (another milk bank!! BOY that woman could pump..lol)
It cost us a bunch but it was SO worth it! J bought a cooler - like a picnic cooler - and filled it up with BM bags. That stayed all nice and frozen. If you add a bit of dry ice over covered BM bags it should work just fine at 2 days, maybe??