CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A great trip, but...

not so many pictures. It's really hard to take pictures while holding babies. I do have some that I will eventually get uploaded. I'm thinking it may be what I ask for on Mother's Day.

I arrived Wednesday morning. STE picked me up with all 4 kiddos. Usually it takes L some time to warm up to me, but this trip she immediately greeted me and interacted in the car. It was a ton of fun to hear P&L singing and talking the whole ride. They had been talking in December when I last visited, but nothing compared to all the chatter now. They are unbelievably imaginative and were a blast to watch play and interact together. They have grown up so much!

We headed to STE's mother's house to drop off 100lbs of frozen milk and have some lunch. They have a beautiful yard and P&L played and played. I pumped near the window so I could watch them play and I could see B in his car seat napping.

It was amazing to see the babies again. They have really gotten so big, but 9 week olds are still quite little. I had forgotten that. I didn't have too much trouble getting back into baby care mode though. I didn't have any diaper changing accidents, nor did I drop a baby!

I was only there for 3 days, but the days have started to blur together a bit. I did a lot of baby snuggling, feeding and holding of sleeping babies (hopefully they were able to go back to sleeping on their own after I left). I found it very hard to carve time out to pump, there was always something to do or someone to hold. I'm not sure how STE gets so much done, but she does. The house was still running smoothly and the kids were still being fed, plus she still has time for her twins group projects.

I started out doing so well and I'm afraid I've now gone all rambly on you! Perhaps this is why I waited to blog, all the thoughts are jumbled in my head and I just don't know where to start. I got to see P&L's preschool-very cute little place. We had dinner at the Lunchbox Laboratory the first night (my favorite pregnancy burger place). It was still very good, but I didn't need to live there this time.

On Friday P poked his head into my room at 6am. I had just finished up pumping, so he came on in and played on the bed with me. A few minutes later L peeked in and was a bit hesitant, but she finally came and joined us. It was wonderful to spend that time with them and to really get a chance to see them blossom into little people. It really helps to visualize the stories STE shares with me. They really are very funny kids, and oh so bright. On my second day, during lunch prayers, P included 'that lady over there' and pointed at me. Imagine my joy at being included in his prayers in only 2 days!

I definitely got my baby fix. Caring for two babies is absolutely hard work. My legs and arms were both a bit sore from so much holding, rocking, bouncing and juggling. Thank goodness they were both lite enough to pick up easily while holding the other one. Although I didn't take many pictures, I spent a lot of time in front of the mirror while holding both babies just staring at their perfect little faces.

Can you believe that neither baby is a spitter? In 3 days not one baby spit up on me! How lucky can one mom get! They really are just wonderful babies. V loves to be held, but as a visitor I was OK with that. Both babies are smiling and gave up lots of smiles and 'chats'. It really was an amazing visit.

I thought STE was brave to even want 4 kids. I thought it was amazing that she can even keep the house running with 4 kids. But she really blew my mind when she showed me that she actually takes them out of the house for outings! I'm pretty sure I would stay indoors until the babies were no longer babies, but that's why I have 2 kids I guess. Friday morning STE planned to head out to the zoo at 9:30. Dad stayed home in the morning to help out and allow mom to sleep a bit (which was very sweet). We really did end up in the car around 9:30 and on our way to the zoo. There was a new exhibit opening and she thought P&L would really enjoy it, which they did. I'm pretty sure there was no way I would've even dreamt of taking all 4 kids to the zoo, but STE made it look so easy! We had a great time, the kids were fantastic and the zoo had some great exhibits.

With all my gushing over the babies and P&L, I almost forgot to mention what a great dad they all have. It is so much fun to watch him with his kids. He's a funny guy, but he's a great dad! I love seeing them both evolve as parents. They absolutely were meant to have children and I'm so thankful to have been able to help and to have the pleasure of watching them grow as a family!

I could go on and on, but eventually I start repeating myself. I had a great time. The weather was BEAUTIFUL! The food was good and the family was AMAZING!!

Pictures to come eventually, after my lesson on how to upload them myself.

3 comments:

Jaymee said...

that is wonderful that you got to spend time with all of them. i am falling over, i don't know how you get one child out of the house let alone 4!!! so happy that you have a wonderful relationship with their family. it is really great to hear about a journey that ends the way that i really want mine too.

you are forgiven for not taking pictures, holding babies is WAY more important.

Jenn.. .. .. said...

What an awesome update!! I am glad you got so much snuggly time. It sounds like an amazing visit!!

MyLifeMyWorld said...

I just cried reading about your trip...it doesn't seem like a big deal to many but it really is for us, to be apart of that and welcomed. I'm so glad you were able to visit and stay there for the 3 days, it really is a treat to get that time. Thanks so much for updating on your trip, and I'm so glad you had a great time!

Though there is no excuse for not taking pics..lol...you need a tripod! Just kitten, but can't wait to see the pics you did get.

And STE, wow, your just amazing, to keep your normal routine and venture out on new things..how awesome!