CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Final boarding call...

I returned home on a 7:30 flight, so that meant dealing with Friday night traffic to get to the airport. SDE (D, not T) made great time getting me to the airport. I arrived at 6, so I had plenty of time. I was instructed to be at the gate by 7:10. It seemed like plenty of time to pump and do a bit of airport shopping. So I did what any sensible woman would do, shopped first.

I finally found a comfortable bench, with an outlet, and some privacy, so I set up shop to pump. In my head I decided that although I was told to be at the gate at 7:10, really I could just show up at 7:20 since it was a 7:30 flight (do you see where this is going?). I stop pumping and start packing up my things around 7:15. I'm at the sink cleaning up when I hear "final boarding call for x@*^". I can't hear the final bit, so I hustle out of the bathroom and head toward my gate since it's 7:20. That's when I hear, "Would passengers, X & Y," please get your butts to the plane!Crud! I just got paged in an airport! I've always wondered how that happens or how they know who to page. Now I understand a bit. I was the last passenger to board a very full flight headed to Sacramento and San Diego. Yep, I was the late passenger that had to look through every overhead compartment for somewhere to shove her bag and then ask a perfectly comfortable stranger to please become uncomfortable as we wedge 3 bodies into a row that is only comfortable with 2 bodies. How do you decide which stranger to make uncomfortable? I went with the dad and his 8 year old. I figured 2 adults and 1 child would fit better than 3 adults. Well dad didn't seem to want to get squishy with his kiddo, so we shared leg body heat for the whole 1 1/2 hours while silently hoping that the other wasn't spreading the Swine Flu.

But we eventually made it home and only a few minutes late. I'm sure that wasn't my fault!

4 comments:

Jenn.. .. .. said...

I love your posts, you totally crack me up. I am glad you made it home safe and I hope you left the swine flu with the other passengers!! I can't wait to see pics of the twins. (both sets!!) I am so glad you had a good visit!!

Alicia said...

Glad you made it home safe. I bet holding those babies was like heaven.
Alicia

Nathan said...

Cyn - Thanks for the posts and comments on strong and courageous. We appreciate your friendship and support! Truly, a marathon is cake compared to your extracurricular adventures! You're amazing.

MyLifeMyWorld said...

THAT was SOOO FUNNY! I needed a laugh today...glad you made it home safe, without the swine flu!