CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Got Milk?

I typically don't post the same thing on both blogs, but I have difficulty deciding which things belong where. This seems to belong in both. I get a little 'crazy' excited when I see all the milk I've been able to freeze. It keeps me very optimistic that there will be enough to get the babies through their first year.
I forgot to take the before picture. This is my empty freezer that had 22 days worth of milk in it this morning. Each shelf holds about 40lbs of milk. I believe there are about 112, 16 oz bottles. I'm filling 4.5-5 bottles per day.

The bottom two pictures are the chest freezer my mom brought over this afternoon so I can store the milk easier. I'm a little surprised that it's almost full already. I can probably fit 4-5 more days worth of milk in it. I should have enough room to store the milk until mid to late June. Hopefully by then STE has more room in her freezers.




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow that's a lot of milk! Good job! Why do you put it in old water bottles?

Cyn said...

We used the milk bags for P&L and had issues with them leaking always. One of the other milk donors used water bottles and STE found it much more convenient.
So that's what we use this time. I open a brand new bottle, pour the water out into a cup to drink, and then fill it with milk.
I've found it to be far easier on my end as well. I don't lose milk due to the bag crumbling while I'm trying to fill it.

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Wow that's a lot of milk! Great job!

Jenni said...

WOW!! That is alot of milk. Can you give tips to a nursing mom who is having trouble producing!!!!