CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Best thing ever-for pregnancy and every day

I was walking through the alarm clock section of Target yesterday and I remembered something I'd been wanting to share for quite a while, my alarm clock that projects the time onto the ceiling.

This was a gift from STE & family. It was truly the most helpful thing during the pregnancy. I didn't have to 'heft' my body to the side of the bed to see what time it was, I could just look up (or I could've bought new side tables that were higher than my bed, but the clock worked great). It is such a simple thing, but not having to move in the bed to find out what time it is really is the sweetest thing.

We had the clock for several months before the pregnancy and we all loved it. We gained a whole new appreciation for it while pregnant though. I did not have to wake Brian at all to ask what time it was and I'm sure I was able to get more rest as well.

I've said it before, but thank you so much for the clock. And for those of you that don't have a projection clock in your bedroom, you need to go get one!

7 comments:

Sanda said...

What a great idea! I have always wondered if they gave off too much light to make it harder to sleep, but sounds like it works great!

Betsey said...

We have one too, and it is great! When J's clock he had since before we got married died... he picked a projection one and I would never go back! My only complaint is that once there is light in our room (which was early today) I can no longer see the time...

Cyn said...

2nd best thing: black out curtains!

Anonymous said...

I never even thought of projection clocks...interesting. I'm like that, if I wake in the middle of the night, I HAVE to know what time it is...in fact I like to know the time just about all the time. I guess it's one of my quirks. I'll have to go check to see if we have any of them here. I love black out curtain too but don't like the look of them when it's day time, I'm more a sheers kind of gal...thankfully I can sleep through most any light unless it's in my face, lol.

I did see your comment on my blog about the closet doors...was that the comment you were referring to? Also your response back to me about shopping..ahem running errands, lol, but not sure which comment you were talking about. I love shopping, even for groceries, I don't care what it is, it could be to pick up cat litter, but we don't go often, usually once a week I have a list and do all my errands then, if I spend too much time in stores, ANY store for that matter, could be a corner store, dollar store, even a drug store, I spend WAYYYYY too much money. I just LOVE shopping!

A
My Life My World-Sharing A Dream

Melissa said...

That is so awesome, I've never heard of it before. Do you know where they found it? I would love to get one of those because we always put things on our dresser and don't realize that the clock is blocked until we are laying in bed. It's the most annoying thing to get out of the comfy, warm bed to go move things away from the clock. Thanks for sharing!

Cyn said...

Mine is an Oregon Scientific and it's a cute little thing. I have seen them at Bed Bath and Beyond as well. I'm sure it's fairly easy to get online- oregonscientific.com

They also have a new one that projects in DAYLIGHT!!

Wewurtskihit said...

Good gracious NO WAY - LOLOL

I ALREADY dont get enough sleep but if the time flashes on the ceiling i will NEVER sleep again..LOLOLOL (I am a back/side sleeper - so 2 clocks is too much..HAHAHAHA)